19. OMG I LOVE BUBBLE BATHS :D. I haven’t had one in the longest time though! I remember this one time, I put the TV on the bathroom counter, and I sat there in the tub watching Will and Grace for an hour or two. Luls.
50. Tagalog, Italian, and Japanese. I mainly want to learn Italian so that when I travel to Venice, or just any part of Italy in the very distant future, I don’t fumble around the city looking for someone who speaks English. Though, I do know they speak English there, so language wouldn’t be that big of a problem. But you know, after watching Eat, Pray, Love, I just really wanna learn Italian for the heck of it. I think I rambled…
OH! I would also LOVE to learn Russian. I think it’s a cool language.
35. I was going to say TV, but then a rush of all the shows that I love hit me and I’d rather live without music. Besides, I wanna be in that kind of industry. Filming, editing, etc. TV, movies, etc. That’s my ‘pasison’.
37. I say absolutely nothing during awkward silences ._. Which make them even more awkward.
39. I really don’t do a lot of shopping. I’m broke most of the time, or spending my money on food. Would restaurants be acceptable? I’ve spent a lot of time at The Noodle House while growing up. My family and I are ‘regulars’…haha. They serve pretty good Vietnamese food. And then there’s Lollicup for the occasional boba.
41. I do not believe everyone deserves a second chance. I give people second chances, but sometimes, I cut people off quick. That’s happened a lot within this past year actually.
43. I do not smile at strangers. Not anymore. I was walking with my mom, and there was a couple walking past us. The woman smiled at us, and I smiled back, but then her husband flicked us off, then I tripped him and he broke his glasses. Whoops. Oh well.
15. Good things that happened this summer: -Bay Day/Bonfire with St. Mary’s YG. -Harry Potter marathon. We didn’t finish it, but it was fun. -First time eating at L&L Hawaiian BBQ, Subway, and I discovered the Lollicup at National City.
44. Tip to outer space of the bottom of the ocean: Bottom of the ocean. One of my favorite animals include jellyfish, and I’m sure I’ll see one down there. Don’t ask me why, but I also like the angler fish. It’s hella ugly, but I think they’re interesting. I don’t know anything about them but yeah!
Who was the last person I had a deep convo with: I honestly don’t even know. Urban Dictionary classifies a deep conversation as: ”…when two people have a very long conversation about everything thats going on in their lfe. This is when you both open up and let your feelings free." Truthfully I can’t remember the last time I had one.
-Nap. Very pleasant nap. -Did some of my Math homework. Showered. Went to class. -Got to class a little early. There were only 3 other people inside. Reviewed and did more homework. -Class started. Ponce was here today! Abellas giving me dirty looks again. Cleveland was nice today. She’s very smart too. The guy on my right started talking more to me too. Back row represent! -Helped Ponce review because he wasn’t here last class and he missed quite a lot. -Break. Talked to the other guy sitting next to me. I don’t know his last name. Why do we only refer to each other by our last names in this class? Weird. -Talked and learned what we need to do for section 7.8. It’s all word problems ._. 100 word problems ._. I don’t have to do all 100, but damn. -The test on chapter 7 is next week. Four day weekend <3, and then I have an extra day to study because the test is on Wednesday. So Friday-Monday no school. Cool :]. -Packed up. Left. Looked at my phone and Ma texted that she was making lasagna and that I shouldn’t buy food. I always buy food when she cooks…not on purpose, but she never says when she’s cooking. -Home. Ate. Homework. It was a good day today. Really chill. Pleasant. Me gusta. Gotta get this English stuff done, and then I have journals to write. /sigh. At least tomorrow’s classes are going to be fun too. Video and English. I just don’t wanna be at school from 12-9.
-side note: on the news, they said they found puppies in a drain pipe…OMG! I wish puppies would come from my drain pipes ._. They found six, and they called them ‘the six-pack’. luls. Okay that’s all.
-Late to class by 5 minutes. Oh well. -Went over the quiz we took the other day. Did not do good. Not at all. It’s only the first test, no retakes, just gotta do better on the next one. To be fair, no one really did great. No one got an A. We ALL have improving to do. -I really enjoyed class today. Everyone was quiet the first half, but things livened up the second half. The sarcastic guy in the back making all the comments, he’s got pretty good manners actually. He may not always do his work, or know the answer, but he always responds with “Ma’m”. Haha. I just noticed that today. -Quick write. Half the class didn’t do the assigned reading. I did it. Some people didn’t get to read because they didn’t have the book. The campus library and bookstore ran out of copies, so yeah. That’s a problem. -Handed in Monday’s homework, and professor apologized for the mix-up about her assigned room being locked so I couldn’t turn it in on time. I’ll still get full credit though. -Got to my car and decided to treat myself to something. No special reason, but might as well. I was hungry. Decided to get some Subway. -On the way there, this lady tried to pass me. On a regular day that would have been fine, on a different road. We only had one lane going both ways…how are you going to pass me? The fuck? Get back behind me lady. The fuck you doing? >_>. -Got to Subway. It was the same lady as when I made my first visit. She’s really nice. -Went to Ralphs. Checked out the soups, but nothing good today. Just got something to drink and left. -Home, chilling, doing homework, waiting for my next class. Maybe I’ll nap too. Who knows. I hope Ponce is there in class -_-. It’s lonely without him to talk to, even if we don’t talk that much to each other.
Class early in the morning. Gotta get up in 5 hours T_T. it’s my fault for not going to bed earlier. My procrastination habits need to be broken. Today I’m going to participate.
Because I need to stop being quiet, and shy.
Because active participation is never a bad thing.
Because I can’t stand the silent moments in class when we go over the material from the homework, and no one answers questions because no one did the homework. Anyone who did the homework is also too shy to say anything.
Despite all of these cravings, I’m pretty proud of not spending any money on food. Opportunity cost? Spend money on eating out, or not spend money and eat at home. Does that count as opportunity cost? Either way, I’m enjoying a wallet that’s not so empty.
I like stepping out of my classes feeling educated. I feel so much smarter than when I was still in high school. I’ve been in college for almost a month. Adjustments still need to be made. I like college.
Bringing up that point again: ”College is lonely”.
Professor Rayos is wrong. I don’t like reading, and I don’t think any amount of reading she assigns is ever going to change my mind. The only thing I like about reading is how I feel after I learned something new. The whole act of reading just kills me.
It’s an Adele night for me.
I did not want to spend 10 minutes of my night washing off blood.
Trying the bullet feature instead of doing the little hyphen when I make lists.
I’m reading this section titled, “Hate Cannot Be Tolerated” in my Reading book and came across this little paragraph:
"…With anonymous hate speech such as the flier or graffiti, the victim cannot talk back, for the hate speaker delivers the message in a cowardly fashion. And talking back to aggressors is rarely an option. Indeed, many hate crimes begin just this way: The victim talked back - and paid with his life.”
It just kind of triggered a thought that what is said is a fact. Talking back and defending yourself is rarely seen. Sure there are a few brave people out there who do talk back. There are even fewer people out there who can fight back if a verbal argument escalates into a physical confrontation. Risking more hate than what is already presented isn’t really an agreeable option. Many people when facing derogatory comments, would just rather suffer in silence.
"Hate speech is rarely an invitation to a conversation. More like a slap in the face, it reviles and silences."
Made pigs in a blanket, a ham sandwich with 5 types of cheeses, poured a glass of orange juice, and had a cup of cream of chicken. We used to call it ‘grandpa soup’ because my lolo would always have a little bowl of cream of chicken when he ate. haha